Your Second Visit

Second Trip to the Immigration Office

Following things you will need

  1. Postcard the immigration office sent you

  2. Passport

  3. Residence Card

  4. 4,000 yen Revenue Stamp (shunyu inshi or 収入印紙) This is purchased at the immigration office often on another floor. Please ask the immigration office for details.

Submitted the postcard along with your passport and residence card. They will give you a paper slip. At this time go and purchase a stamp, put it on the slip, and return to the immigration office. Now you have your new residence card with an extended period of stay!