↑ Return to Health

STI Testing

Females can request to have an STI test done during a visit to the gynecologist. The Japanese term for this is seibyou kensa (性病検査) and typically includes testing for Candida (yeast infection), Chlamydia, and gonorrhea. You may have to specifically request other tests, or go to a larger hospital for certain types of tests.

International Clinic Tojinmachi provides comprehensive STI/HIV testing for around ¥5000.