Jan 04

Happy New Year!

Happy 2017 Fukuoka JETs! We hope you had plenty of time to rest and replenish yourself over the holiday and are ready to start work in the new year.

The beginning of this year may be a season of preparation for transition and change, especially for those of you who are finishing your term on the programme this year. There will be two JET Programme Career Fairs, one in Osaka and one in Yokohama for the Greater Tokyo Area (click here for event details).

The registration deadline for these events is Friday, 20 January 2017. For more information, please refer to the JET Programme website and the email to you by CLAIR.

Dec 22

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

The year 2016 so far has certainly been a year of ups and downs. We hope that as the holiday season is fast approaching, you will all have a chance to have some fun, unwind and, reflect upon the year.

For those of you who have made plans to travel in Japan or abroad, please remember to inform your Contracting Organization of your travel plans and your emergency contact information, and we highly encourage you to register with your home country’s embassy as well.

For those of you staying in Japan for the New Year, please be aware of holiday hours. A lot of stores may be closed for days. Public transportations may also operate on holiday schedule.

We wish you a wonderful and safe holiday, and that you will come back feeling refreshed and ready to take on the rest of your JET year.

Nov 08

Huge Sinkhole near Hakata Station

*Update: As of November 15 (Tuesday), the road where the sinkhole was has been restored and reopened to traffic.

On November 8 (Tuesday), at 5:15AM, the road at Hakataekimae 2-chome intersection caved in. As of 9AM, the sinkhole has opened up to around 20 square meters.

Water and power supplies have been shut off in the area. Certain roads around the accident have also be closed to traffic. Residents near the area are advised to evacuate.

The accident is expected to continue to affect traffics around Hakata Ward for the upcoming weeks (and maybe months). Please be aware of potential traffic inconvenience when traveling to the area.

See below for related news articles:

The Mainichi

Japan Times

Older posts «